Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's for some reason. Probably because it is significant of the day Scott and I became an item 11 years ago. I guess for that reason, it will always hold a special place in my heart. This weekend I also ran my first half marathon. It was so fun and exciting for me. I run slower than a turtle, but finishing almost last has some advantages. Being at the end, I got to see the fastest full marathoner pass me by and finish their race. They make it look so effortless. It really is inspiring. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I know I did. 
P.S. 
I love my husband so much.

11 comments:

Amy Y said...

Great job Rach! I had no idea you were training to go the distance... can't wait to run with you in a couple weeks!

jillian said...

go you...good job! If you did it thats something to be proud of!

Our Grand Central Station said...

Congrats on your race. I'm a slow turtle too, but I do love to run. So happy to see you do well at it. love you.

Hess Fam said...

Congrats Rach. That is a HUGE accomplishment. 11 years...and the race!!! :)

Lisa Harris said...

Hip hip hooray for you and boo hoo on me for bailing on you. I still feel horrible.
You did so great. So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Haven't done any real runs, other than Pat's when I saw you! I hurt my hip really bad and took the whole summer/part of fall off from running. Started up again a couple of months ago. I am determined to do a half marathon by the time I am 35 and have picked the one over labor day at Disneyland! Here's to hoping! Wish I was still young!

Maury said...

Congratulations again!! I am so proud of you!! I am excited to run with you soon! Woo hoo!!

Hillary said...

All I can say is you Harris girls and your running amazes me! Way to go!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Congrats on your race Rachel! So very impressed!

Annie said...

You rock baby! Slow and steady is under rated. You should be so happy with finishing such an incredible feat. Congrats Rachie.

Tiffany said...

Yay Rach! I'm so happy for you! Next up, a FULL marathon! :) You should train to do the PF changs with me next year...we'll see if I still feel like it though after I pop this baby out...