
I'm struggling to sit down and write out a list of resolutions.
I think I'm afraid I won't accomplish any of them.
I hope this year can bring me some much needed motivation.
But for some reason, I'm not really feeling the spirit of change.
I'm mostly feeling a lot of gratitude.
I'm grateful for all the good in my life.
Truly.
Family, best friends, kids, work, good health, perspective.
These things get me through the day.
Not always with a smile on my face, but alive and breathing.
I think my most important resolution this year is going to be to try not to take what I have for granted.
Patience is not my strong point, so it is tested daily.
For anyone who knows my boys, you know I'm not making that up.
But at the end of the day, my kids are mine and they are irreplaceable in my heart.
And I have my best friend by my side.
I am so painfully grateful this year.
I'm sure I won't be able to say that every year.
But for at least this year,
I don't want any of that to change.
Not for anything.
4 comments:
well said my friend.
Duke has such gorgeous eyes! love that pic.
maybe in a few years i can say the same.
Such a cute pic of the boys. It was fun to see you Monday.
Post a Comment