Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy President's Day

What a fun weekend we had. I wish everyday could be like it. On Saturday, I met up with Lisa, Maury, and Amy in L.A. and went shopping for the day. I thank Heavenly Father every day and feel so lucky to be married to Scott, who has no problem with giving up his whole Saturday to stay at home with Duke while I go out and go shopping with the money that we DON'T have even when all of his friends are paint balling and playing basketball. He's a good man and I'm one lucky girl. L.A. was fun, but poor Lisa came down with something horrible. She thinks she ruined my trip, but I was just glad to spend the day with some much missed friends (even if it means sitting in a hot car, while Lisa sleeps in the parking garage in Pasadena just to make sure she doesn't pass out again). Then Monday was President's Day. A holiday I never thought much about before, turned out to be a much needed day for my family. I spent the whole day with Scott and Duke. We went to the city and got VIP parking at Ellis O'farrel parking garage ( which doesn't ever happen to me, only to Scott), then we went to all of my favorite stores. Duke couldn't have been better and I didn't hear Scott complain about his back once. I even found the last gold dress at H&M in my size. Then after that, we headed to the park for some cake and ice cream for my friend Josh's birthday. I wish every day could be President's Day.

1 comment:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Gold Dress? Sounds really cute...too bad I'm a hippo right now. Sounds like the best weekend. Lots of shopping!