Thursday, September 6, 2007

Happy Birthday, Karen!





I'm pleased to announce the birthday of my best friend, Karen! She is the big 26 today. Here are a few things that I think of when I think of Karen...
1. She answers to the names: Karney, Carney Wilson, or Marla Gale
2. She's the most rebellious of all my friends.
3. We became friends on the first day of seventh grade when she took my new pencil and never gave it back. Then she copied my math homework every day there after.
4. She has a six pack even though she's never done a sit up.(Even when she's pregnant)
5. I love her because what you see is what you get.
6. She has a fake front tooth which sometimes falls off revealing a chicklet.
7. She has an incredible sense of style. (which I've been trying to copy since junior high)
8. She'll stop eating if it means she'll have more money to shop with.
9. She has two of the sweetest little boys in the world.
10. She is a wonderful friend and a wonderful person who has many incredible qualities. I admire her more and more everyday.

Karen is going through some trials that I pray I will never have. She is strong and brave and has an incredible sense of life and a strong testimony of the gospel. I wish we could have gotten to know your beautiful baby Alice, but I know we will have the chance later. I love you, Karen and I hope that you have a wonderful day in the midst of all that is going on. You are the best friend anyone could ask for. Don't you forget that. I love you.

10 comments:

Chelsey said...

Happy birthday karen! I've always been jealous of her no effort six pack. I hope she knows our thoughts and prayers are with her during this difficult time. Also, she should give you your pencil back.

Lisa Harris said...

A big happy birthday shout out to you Karen..you are such a fun person and I love speding time with you. Happy Birthday..xoxoxo Lisa

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Karen. We Love you and are such a great example to me. And yes you do have great fashion sence. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Christy and Mark said...

Happy birthday to Karen......Yes Rachael this is me. I figured out how to add friends too. I like the picture of all four of us.....we have the same haircut. Even better....I still have the EXACT same muffin.

Shauna said...

Karen told me to look at your blog for her birthday post. It made me laugh out loud... Marla Gail, the chicklet tooth, the pencil :) I wish I could sacrifice food for shopping!

Maury said...

Happy Birthday Karen!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Happy Birthday to Karen! She is an incredible person. Karen we love you and want you to know that we are thinking about you and your family. Happy Birthday!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Yep, me again. The pictires are so cute! I love the one with the same haircuts, I am pretty sure I also had that same mushroom headed hair cut! Ha Ha

Jessica said...

Rachel have you tried blurb yet. it wouldnt let me create a book because i am on the old blogger. it says I need to upgrade it. will it let you?

Nate and Lauren said...

we love karen to!! HAPPY BIRTHYDAY!