Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Love!

Dear Scott, Happy birthday to you! I'm sure this post post will not do you justice for all the wonderful things that you are to me. There are countless things that I love about you, but here are just a few.
You are a jack of all trades and a master of ALL! You never cease to amaze me with all of your talents. From dentistry to cooking, to wallpapering to yard work and putting things together. I wish I had an ounce of your talent.
You are a wonderful dad and husband. I think for all the times I've woken up with Duke in the night for feedings or nightmares, you have gotten up with him at least 3 times as much.
You never tell me no. Not about anything. Thank you for letting me make my own decisions always. I don't deserve that because I hardly extend the same courtesy to you.
You've never yelled, in fact you hardly even raise your voice. You don't fight and you don't swear. I will never know how you always keep your cool. I still don't know if anger is an emotion you will ever experience.
You are the most non-judgemental and kind person I know. In ten years of togetherness, I have yet to hear you say a bad word about anybody. I'm not exaggerating either. You have really never said a negative word about a soul. For those of you who think that that is impossible, there are many people who can attest to that. I hope our children have your kind heart and will learn that from you.
I love you forever. You are my best friend.

9 comments:

The Bridges said...

Aww Rachael, that is so sweet.
Happy Birthday Dr. Scott! Sorry we made you work in Phoenix on your special day!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!! You've got a great one Rach- you two are so cute together!! Amen to all of the nice things you said about Scott- wow all of those boys go back a looong ways huh?? Thanks for always being a good older brother Scott and keeping Todd from beating me up!! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!!

Maury said...

Such true things about a really amazing, funny guy! Happy Birthday Scott!

Chelsey said...

I think you're exaggerating a little Rachael. He's not that great... Just kidding Scott. Anyone who can put up with Rachael 24/7 is a saint.

Natalie Hall said...

Happy Birthday! Now that I am tight with your wife, I guess I can give a shout out to you. You do seem like a very likeable guy. You Harris boys all have that charm.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Scott!

Chunky Monkey said...

Yes Happy Birthday to you both:)

Chunky Monkey said...

Yes Happy Birthday to you both:)

Candice said...

Yes, right you are to all things said about Scott. Generous as the day is long, and that is why the two of you are MFEO. (Sleepless in Seattle?)

Happy Birthday Scott and also to Rachael. Glad you guys were born. I will bring you a PB birthday pie soon.