Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick, Sick.






It's true what they say. When it rains it pours. We were dropping like flies around my house this week. We were looking so forward to having Avery and Poppy stay with us this week. I just wish we hadn't all gotten the black plague while Eric and Lisa were gone. I haven't been sick in forever, so of course I had to get an ear infection that turned into something even worse. (Runny nose, migraines, asthma attack, cold, and a cough). It stinks being pregnant when you're sick too, because I couldn't take whatever I wanted. Then all the kids got colds, fevers, allergies, diaper rashes, and coughs. Finally, the straw that broke the camel's back was when Poppy got croup in the middle of the night. The poor thing was up all night barking like a sea lion and trying to catch her breath between coughing attacks. I told Lisa that the sound of a dog bark will haunt me forever now. In the end, Lisa and Eric had to come home a day early before some of us ended up dead. Sick or not though, it was really fun to have the girls around for the week. I'll take any time I can to hang out with my nieces and nephews even if it is spent quarantined inside the house. We miss them already!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hear you...we are all sick too! Slept all day, even Chance, which is a major thing for him! Hope you all get to feeling better soon!

Lisa Harris said...

Miss them already huh..they'll be back over in 20.
That second to last pic is hilarious.
Thank you over and over again!

Maren said...

What a crappy week to be sick! I hope you're all feeling better. And I hope you didn't get it from anyone at my house.

Hess Fam said...

So sad. I hate croop more than anything. I was the queen of croop and get so sad when kids have it. I hope you are feeling better now.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Sorry you guys are all so sick! That's terrible! How fun that we are all pregnant together!

Kim A said...

It looks like Poppy is going to shoot lazer beams out of her eyes into Duke's head! Sorry about your sick house!

Patience said...

I'm so sorry that you were sick!! Congratulations on being pregnant again!! Your kids are too cute! I can't wait to see what the next one is like!