Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This Year: 202 Miles 32 Hours!




I can't believe another year has already passed!  I love February for many reasons, but Ragnar is probably one of the biggest.  
Here are some of my highlights from this year:
not being pregnant this time
doing 16 miles this year instead of last year's twelve 
having Scott pull through last minute 
(I was so bummed when we thought his back wouldn't hold up)
spending 32 hours in the van with 5 of my favorite friends
making new friends 
(wine-0's, you know who you are)
teeth with no braces
running at 2 in the am
(being alone and afraid makes you run faster)
making plans for an even better time next year!

Hopefully next year we can get two teams together so we can double our fun.
P.S. 
Thank you family for watching my kids.  I'm sorry they gave 6 people the flu:(

5 comments:

Maury said...

I can't wait to paint my face and put on camo gear and scare all the late night runners next year. I also can't wait to blast people with a fire extinguisher. I am already getting the tape in the video camera cued up.

ensman said...

Good job! It looks like you guys had fun! I am doing the Ragnar in Utah in June. I am a little nervous.... well a lot nervous! I am the wimpy 12 miler though so hopefully it won't be too bad :)

Natalie N said...

WOW! You are an animal! What an amazing race; sounds like you had a blast. I'm totally impressed! Keep up the awesome work.

Tiffany said...

Good job, Rach! I have always thought the Ragnar sounded like so much fun! I am jealous...I am going through some major running withdrawals sitting on my pregnant butt at home, while you are out running race after race! :) Can't wait til this baby gets here and I can finally put my BOB to good use! :)

Annie said...

You make a girl proud. I'm so glad you were able to have an even better year with Ragnar. That looks like such an awesome race.