Monday, May 17, 2010

If Wishes Were Fishes...

Then I wouldn't be hoping someone would stab me in the ear
so that I wouldn't have to listen to any more whining.
You would be back to your wonderful, charming self.
You wouldn't be kicking me in the back at 5:30 in the a.m.
demanding I make you a peanut butter sandwich with no crust.
I wouldn't catch you punching Boss in the jaw.
Closed fist and all.
You wouldn't be screaming at me.
Threatening to break my camera.
Or telling me if I don't give you a piece of cake, you are
going to kick me.
Nope. If wishes were fishes,
it would be strictly hugs and kisses.

6 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

That is a clever post and so dang funny.

Hey Duke--tell mom to send you to my house every other weekend. I got lonely without all the yelling, fighting, telling me everyone besides me is their friend, refusing to wear anything that isn't monochromatic, and threats to throw a weight at my head if I didn't let the crazy neighbors come inside and play. You fit right in with Ave and Pops and we would welcome you any day, anytime.

Katie said...

i get kicked in the back at 5:30 am by a little boy that wants a "nack" (snack) ..it gets old!p.s. duke is sooo cute!

Shalayne and Clayton said...

Oh my my! If only I had known that all the whining I put up with from you that it would come full circle! It's really true...what goes around comes around. It will get better...maybe. Just love him, just like I loved you. Whining and all.

Mom said...

That post was not from Shalayne... it was from your mom on Shalaynes computer!

thewylerfamily said...

Haha! I TOTALLY know how it is with two boys. They are very demanding. I also love them to pieces!!
Thanks for the funny post!

Kim A said...

Really really funny Raechel.