
Can't believe it's almost time.
I have less than one week 'til my first
26.2
My stomach is turning just writing about it.
This is so unlike me to push myself this way.
I'm so glad I did.
Until recently, I thought getting older just meant wrinkles,
saggy belly buttons,
gray hair, kids, more kids, stress, then more stress.
But I'm also learning that
I can do hard things.
Really hard things.
I can't wait to hobble my a**
across that finish line.
Even if it means a lot of
tears, f-words, and hopefully just ONE broken knee.
I CAN finish this marathon,
I WON'T give up,
and I WILL be proud of myself.
No matter what.
7 comments:
Good Luck Lady! You will kick some major booty!
your going to do great. the reward will be worth it!
I've given you several pep talks already and will be on stand by from my bed next Sat morning to talk you all the way through if you need me.
Remember-ONE percent of the population ever run a marathon. Just because it seems like all of us have already done it doesn't make it any less incredible and awesome for YOU!
I will be proud of you no matter what too! I am so so SO excited for you! I wish I could be there when you cross the finish line! Just remember, when you are having a hard time and feeling like you suck, just remind yourself how bad I sucked in my first marathon...and I bet you won't even suck as bad as that and then you will feel awesome! ;)
(and also remember...saying the f-word when you are running 26.2 miles isn't even bad. its totally allowed in my book) ;)
YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!
You're going twice as far as me but I bet I say twice as many f-words and get twice as many jacked up knees. Why are we doing this again?
I'm so happy I get to be there with you for your first. You were with me after my first. It's going to be a great day!! Besides the running part of course.
Post a Comment