Monday, November 19, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

This weekend we were able to go to Las Vegas with the entire family. My Papa is a retired Air Force Thunderbird. The Thunderbirds are the show team of the Air Force. They are the ones that perform doing stunts in air shows. My Papa and four other men were the very first Thunderbirds back in 1953. I feel privileged to be able to honor him by attending the air show and reunion that they hold at the Nellis Air Force base in Las Vegas. It is such a neat feeling to walk through the Thunderbird Hall of Fame and see my grandpa's picture hanging as the first ones on the wall. It was also fun to be able to spend the weekend in Vegas with all of my family. I miss everyone already!



5 comments:

Maury said...

That is so neat! My Granddad was in the air force during Vietnam and I just love hearing stories about it. I have a huge picture here in our den of him in his flight suit next to his jet.

I'm glad you're home and I can't wait to see you again long lost sister!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachael and family!! Duke is adorable and getting way bigger than I would have ever imagined!! I aspire to one day beable to post as often as you have on this page!! Is it true that your back in AZ? We'll have to get our kids together some day.

Lisa Harris said...

Oh your papa is so sweet. What an honor..I'm glad everyone was able to go. Cute pictures!

Kim A said...

Great pictures, and I love the pink stripe dress on you, it's exactly how I'd invisioned it on myself with the leggings and boots.....and 15 pounds smaller, which is why it looks incredible on you!

Natalie Hall said...

All I have to say is my Boys would of thought they literally died and went to heaven if they were there and saw all of those amazing jets and to talk about what is what like to have actually flown them. Wow! They are really into it. I think that had to of been such a blast!

Great, Great pictures! Duke is just a photogenic little cutie, runs in the Harris family. You look great....