Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Help! Has Anyone Seen Duke?
He's about 24 pounds and 2 feet tall. He's my son who used to like his life and his mother. I feel like teething has taken my son away. Why won't those last three just come through already. He's angry at me all the time and I can never make him happy. Last week he couldn't stop hugging me and giving me kisses and this week I really think that he is plotting my death! The only thing that he wants is his motorcycle to have a guy on it and his guy to have a helmet on. It's used to be so simple, but he doesn't even like the way I do that anymore. I can't wait till I start seeing some teeth so that I can have my sweet child back. (The one that used to love me) Did I mention that he actually prefers the day care at the gym to me now too. That's just the icing on the cake. In the words of my wise sister Kamber, " I come bearing white flags and peace treaties." Duke, for the love of every thing holy, I hope you will accept my surrender. I'll give you anything you want!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
0 teeth and loving every minute of it!! Good luck!
you are so funny...you crack me up. I know how you feel...berkeley was death queen during her ear infections.
teething sucks!! i am so glad my kids are all done with that. sorry. Have you tried the teething tablets? they are homeopathic and you can get them at walgreens???
I don't think teething is the problem. I think its his deep-rooted rage that's bubbling to the surface. You can only pacify him with your blood.
He is a little boy... enjoy the sweet moments while you can because they are fleeting. Just know that the sweet boy will always come back. Hope that helps.
And Chelsea, you are funny.
Normally I would say that you are over reacting. Not the case today while we were in Tempe. I'm just glad he still loves me after I carried his lifeless body out of the store. Lisa
You better watch you your back, he is about the same size as you. He could probally take you out, at any given moment. Pretty funny post.. Rach. He still will always be a cute, mean boy.
Rach.... you should write a book. Love the post!
Rachael, its because Princess Leah fell off the motorcycle guy's back... just rubberband her back on (upside down) and all will be well.
Hope you find your son soon.
Rachel, sorry to hear about Duke. You are not alone though. Keegan, who came into this world to the nickname "dream baby" because he was so perfect, has become quite a challenge with his teeth. And wait till you have two boys. Then they fight over who gets their mother's attention every minute of the day. Kath would tell you to enjoy the break, cause at this point, the two of them dang near maul/whine/cry her to death in a case of early onset sibling rivalry. So stick with the mantra of every parent -- this too shall pass.
It's only the beginning. Wait until he's 3 3/4...oh my heck.
Hey Scott and Rachel,
Cute Blog! This will be such a fun way to keep in touch. Sorry about the teething phase. It stinks. Take care! (Dan and Becky McArthur)
Post a Comment