Monday, January 21, 2008

Today You Melted My Heart.

Duke, today you made my heart thump when you...
Covered my mouth so lovingly with your hand when I was singing and told me to "Sshh!"
Yelled at Sophie, "No! Mine!" when she stole your vitamin C from you.
Kissed Dora the Explorer on the lips over and over again. I had no idea you loved her so much.
Last, but certainly not least...
Told all of your movies goodnight, one by one.
Sleep tight, baby. I can't wait to see you in the morning. XOXO

16 comments:

Chelsey said...

you guys have such a love/hate relationship.

Lisa Harris said...

Poppy is sitting next to me looking a his picture saying "Dukie Pookie..my little Dukers Pookers"

Carlee said...

Hey Rachael. It's Carlee Carpenter, hopefully you still remember who I am! Teasin. Wow Duke is huge and so handsome. Looks like you guys are doing well! Blogs are great! Ours is carpentersinsf.blogspot. I finally found a little time to keep up with it now! Take Care!

Amanda C said...

saying goodnight to all the movies is definitely better than screaming for 5 hours before he goes to sleep. I take it he is going to bed better now?

Tiffany said...

How sweet... : ) we will see how long it lasts for....ha ha, jk! I love that picture of Duke! So cheesy and cute! : )

Unknown said...

Hey Rachey,
I have had lots of free time lately (due to track break- darn that year round school) so I have been checkin' out your blog. It is so fun to see and hear about Duke and your day to day motherhood moments, battles, and deep feelings! I love it. Keep posting for my entertainment please. Love you and Dukie Pookie and Scotty Wotty. Sorry I don't blog. Talk to you soon.
Lyndi

Jamielynn said...

gosh, could he be any cuter!!

Natalie Hall said...

And he was perfect at lunch today. The boy has beautiful locks.

Maury said...

Well, I guess that clarifies his priorities... sorry.

Anonymous said...

You sound like me... one day I'll swear Owen is possessed and the next day I'll be claiming he's my perfect little angel that can do no harm! Oh, the joys (and screams) of motherhood.

Chelsey said...

you are going straight to hell.

Sarah Hawkins said...

He is so funny!

Shalayne and Clayton said...

I would still sleep with one eye open! You just never know with him!

Colby and Malea said...

He is so cute! I love his mischievous smile..

Annie said...

Ah, motherhood is really sinking in now. My sweet duke is growing up so much.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I have a cute picture of Duke. Let me know what your email address is and I will email it to you. Tawna