Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dukey Pookey


We just arrived home safe and sound from St. Louis. I say that because I was certain that someone was going to die. Either me or Duke. He really gave me a run for my money this week. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't listen to me. Basically, he was on a mission to destroy me. I think I told myself a thousand times that I had no business having any more children. Chelsey told me that she was going to suggest my case to Supernanny, I can't say that I would disagree. Then this morning I woke up to a perfect child. He gave me kisses all day, I bumped my head and he patted it and said, "Are you okay?", and he even sat by me on the couch for about 5 minutes to watch a movie. I think Chelsey says it perfectly when she says that we have a volatile, love/hate relationship. But last week is gone and all that matters today is that it was all love.

11 comments:

Chelsey said...

You give Duke such a bad rep. I found his missing chunk of hair by the way.

Jenn said...

Ha ha! Cute picture of Duke!

Lisa Harris said...

I'm thankful for my love love relationship with Duke. Maybe you should just give him to me and start over?

Lacy Grace said...

He just likes to keep you on your toes.

Anonymous said...

Chance and I have the same type of relationship! I am happy, no elated, to say that I can see a light at the end of the tunnel! Good Luck!

Our Grand Central Station said...

Its a good thing they are nice once in a while, not to mention adorable, otherwise we would give them away! RB always says it's a good thing his kids are so cute, they are allowed to survive to their next birthday.

Stacie came in her kitchen from somewhere else in the house to find Carsen hosing down the kitchen with the sprayer in the bar sink. He was shooting water as far as he could into the family room. Things are very wet at their house tonite.

Candice said...

I am glad you and Duke are both still around. I like you guys. It WILL get better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie Hall said...

Dukey should of joined all of the kids at the park today. We missed you!

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to here that. Its probably because you were out of town. Your relay race looked like alot of fun. Cj served his mission with Dan Gibson. How do you guys know him. What a small world.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey you guys...we saw Scott and Eric on T.V tonight with Dr. Bill! So professional! Will you be our dentist??