Monday, March 17, 2008

My Farewell.

Goodbye my skinny jeans. I worked so hard to be able to wear you. 
Goodbye restful nights. The insomnia has already kicked in.
Goodbye to feeling good. Hello heartburn, sciatic nerve, charlie horses in the middle of the night, and being starving all day long.
Goodbye to life as I know it.
Hello new baby. I'm sure you will be worth it.

36 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

That's cute Rach. I am thrilled for everyone to know. To all the zip fizz bandit's..now you know why rach was ALWAYS hungry and why I would tear up when she would run and give her hugs for her safe return while I whispered "how's the crotch?" I am still so proud of you.
You will be able to continue to wear your skinny jeans. Remember, you 9 month's pregnant in a sz 26 is me with NO child.

Jessie said...

Congratulations Rachael! Life as you know it is over, but it will be pretty exciting getting to know your new one!

Lacy Grace said...

Yes, yes.. definately worth it! Ah I can't wait!!

Natalie Hall said...

Shut up!!!! I had no idea. I am thrilled. I can not believe you ran still. Rach, that is to exciting! And the post was adorable.....

Amanda C said...

So cute. I am so excited for you. I'm sure Duke will be an angel by the time the new baby comes. I've always wondered what a girl version of Duke would be like. Maybe we will get to find out. Congrats.

Lisa said...

Congratulations Rachael!

Chelsey said...

Who needs restful nights when you sleep all day anyway? I can't wait to meet your twin boys.

Shanana said...

Congratulations! If baby #2 is half as cute as Duke, you guys are in trouble!

Chris and Christy said...

oh that's so exciting. I did tell chris, "wow, Rachel is so cute and itsy-bitsy and she eats ALL the time!" hahaha. And now I can appreciate the words that came out of your mouth after your last run...what were they again?? hmmmm, I believe it was something foul and hilarious!! Chris & I thoroughly enjoyed it. Congrats Rachael & Scott!

thewylerfamily said...

Congrats Rachel! That is so exciting! Hey, did you sign up Duke for the sports class yet?

Hillary said...

I would call you right now to congratulate you, but who knows if you are trying to get some sleep! You stinker! I just saw you last week and asked you when you were thinking about it! Very sly Rach. Very sly! CONGRATS!!! How far along btw!?

Candice said...

Oh my lucky stars. This calls for a celebration. I am bringing a bottle of bubbly asap.

Congratulations!!!

Lindsie said...

Congrats Rachael. When are you due?

Sarah Hawkins said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Tiffany said...

WHAT!?? Congratulations Rach!!! I knew you were thinking about having another in the near future, but I didn't know this soon! I am so excited for you guys! So I guess this means you won't be running the San Francisco half marathon with me in August?? : ( I am sad about that, I won't lie...but I am excited for your new addition to the family! Congrats! : )

Kendria said...

I was just thinking the other day when this would be posted... Don't ask me why! Congrats! When are you due?

Maren said...

Congratulations! I was a little shocked when Candice told me, but how fun! I hope I get to see you at 9 months pregnant, or maybe not because then I'll be envious. :)

Maren said...

Congratulations! I was a little shocked when Candice told me, but how fun! I hope I get to see you at 9 months pregnant, or maybe not because then I'll be envious. :)

Jenn said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!!! That is super exciting!

Maury said...

Rachael, congratulations a thousand times over! Can't wait to see that cute little face! (not yours, the baby's).

Oh yeah, and next time I have any big news to share I will have Brian give you a call to tell you.

Katie said...

congratulations and good luck. when are you due?

The Winwards said...

Congratulations Rachael! That is so great. It will be worth it all. Duke is absolutely a darling.

Natalie N said...

WOW! Congrats Rachael! I haven't checked your blog for a while and here I find out that you're pregnant, ran for over a day, got braces, and you're going private with your blog. WOW. A lot to catch up on in one day, but I'm managing.
You are going to be a terrific mother of two. I'm really excited for you. I still remember you at your baby shower for Duke and you were teeny as anything. CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

McCall said...

congratulations! that is so exciting. again - we are not too far off from eachother with the babes.

Shalayne and Clayton said...

Well, I guess it really isn't just a food baby! Congrats again I am excited for gnome #2 to join our family!

Maury said...

About that last part, I was totally kidding! Brian read that and thought I was serious.... I told him Rachael knew better but just wanted to confirm that. Love you and can't wait to see you Saturday!

Kim A said...

Congrats again Rachael! Also, thanks again for taking June down the frightening slide today!

emily said...

Congrats Rach!! So excited for you.... and another baby to say my name!!!! Take care of you!!!

the peterson family said...

YAHOOOOOO!!! Congratulations! And what's that about skinny jeans? My little finger couldn't fit in your pregnant jeans. We are so excited for you.

Katie said...

Congratulations for taking the plunge!

xx said...

what a clever way to break the news. this little kid is gonna be worth all that trouble. cant wait to see you pregnant this time, with the braces and all, its gonna be cute. I would suggest you wearing a 5 carat QZ when your with scott so he doesnt look like he robbed the cradle and then got her prego!!!!!!!! you know I'm kidding girl. I am so happy for you guys and cant wait to meet HIM. I am sure it's another boy for some reason, I dont know why.

danikaB said...

Congrats!! We are soo happy for you. Hope all is well, we miss you guys!!
Chris, Danika, Asher

Emme,Ben, Kelti, Bobby said...

holy cow.... and after all our "it's going to be a freakin long time" talks. Ok... i forgive you... as long as you post prego pics. Congrats!

kristine said...

Wow did you girls plan this or what?!! I am so excited for you and the fun of two! A whole new world is opening up and the fun can again begin! I am just giddy at the fabulous news! Congratulations friend.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

We are so excited for you guys! Love the post. We have been out of town so sorry about the late congrats!

Annie said...

That is wonderful! You had us all fooled into thinking that you weren't going to procreate ever again. Way to go! :)