




What an eventful weekend. Easter weekend was so fun. We had our families over for lunch for Duke's birthday. Then we went to see Horton Hears a Who. I wish I could have sat through the whole movie, but Duke it too ADD to watch more than 30 minutes at a time. Now we are trying our luck at potty training. Im sad to say that his favorite toilet chair is the Dora the Explorer one. I'm not sure what his obsession with her is. I am happy to report that it's going better than I expected. I like to keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed, but Duke is doing so good. We are about half and half as far as accidents and successes go. I'm not worried about him being able to do it, I'm worried about me being able to do it. I hate staying home all day.
13 comments:
Potty smotty..let him pee in a diaper until he's 10. That's the plan for Popper's.
Happy Birthday BabyDuke! Rach, the cupcakes turned out perfect, as expected. And I love the shadow-box trim under your counters! Did you do your wall in the dining area, too?
Best of luck to Duke and you during this exciting time. He will look adorable in panties.
Happy Birthday Duke-a-plakia! And I'm still laughing at Lisa's comment! I can't believe he's already potty trainging!
You little Martha Stewart, I am really jelous of all your stinkin talents! How cut are those cupcakes, and the your table and chairs. I am inviting myself over to see this house of yours. I bet Duke loved the day of pure spoiling, and pinching of that fine face.....
Potty training! Can we all just skip that faze in our kids life. I bet there would be a lot more happy parents.
Potty training is not high on the fabulosity chart! Good luck...it will be over before you know it, hopefully without too many yucky accidents!
Oh Duke, feel free to pee on the carpet and poop in your mom's bed.
So adorable!!! Happy Birthday Duke!
I love that first picture.
I wish I would have known of Duke's obsession with Dora. I would have gotten him some Dora panties for his birthday.
Oh yeah, and I will agree with everyone else and say that the cupcakes looked absolutely lovely, but were completely non-edible if you ask me (coconut is very very bad).
Rachael-
I ran into your blog and wanted to say hi. I heard you were expecting #2. Congratulations! I know its March =)- but I wanted to also thank you for the Christmas card. Duke is so cute - I can't believe he is two already!
Happy Birthday Duke! I think we need a play date. I also have a little boy with a strange love of Dora.
Duke two years old? Really? That hair is rockin' by the way.
As far as potty training philosophies go, I'm in with you on the low expectations thing. If you keep them low than your child will always pleasantly surprise you. It took Vance 4-months to get potty trained however he still can't go through the night so...good luck.
Oh and you are right. The hardest part about potty training is training yourself to remember to ask the kid and take them to the potty. It's so hard to get in the habit of asking all the time but you only need a few public accidents to get yourself in the habit.
What a cute Easter!
Post a Comment